- Dimensions: 110mm wide x 1250mm high x 600mm deep
- Cooking Area with roasting rack: 810mm x 480mm
- Cooking Area with Barbecue Hot plate: 790mm x 380mm
Roasting in the Snappy King
The Hotplate should be removed for roasting and the burner located in the back position. Once the lid is closed the heat rolls around the circular body.
Roasting Whole Fish: Place the fish on a layer of foil, add seasonings or flavourings. Enclose in the foil. Cooking time will vary, but for a 8-9kg fish allow 1 – 1.5 hours.
Roasting Beef or Lamb: Begin with the temperature on high for around 15-30 minutes to seal in the flavor, then turn down to low and continue cooking. Place roast in the middle of the oven to avoid burning.
The roast can be wrapped in foil to seal in the moisture, but remove for the last hour or so for the meat to brown. Allow 2.5 hours cooking time for a 2.5kg roast of Beef or Lamb. Obviously this is only a guide, and cooking times will vary with the weight of the meat.
Roast Chickens – Place the seasoned chicken on the rack, and close the lid.
For an average size chicken (size 14) allow 1.5 – 2 hours cooking time. Don’t forget to turn it down after the first 20-30 minutes or the chicken may burn.
Roast Turkeys – Similar preparation to Chicken, although wrapping in foil will keep the moisture in, as Turkeys tend to dry out easily. An average size turkey of 5-6kg will take around 3-3.5 hours cooking time.
Roast Vegetables – Vegetables can be placed in baking dishes, or directly on the roasting rack. Using the Double-Up Rack will assist in cooking vegetables at the same time as the meat is cooking. Avoid placing food directly over the burner to ensure food does not burn.
The temperature on the Double-Up Rack will be higher than the normal roasting rack because it is higher in the oven, so regularly check food on this rack.
Using the Snappy King as an Oven (use only the rack – not the Hotplate)
The Snappy King is capable of cooking practically anything your conventional oven can cook. For example, why not try a batch of scones, Apricot Pie, a Fruit Cake, or a steamed pudding.
Potato Bake or cauliflower bake, or any similar vegetable dish can be cooked or simply reheated in the Snappy King, and it browns the top beautifully.
Wrap garlic bread in foil, and put it in the Snappy King five minutes before you need it, or a bit longer if you like it crunchy on top.
The Snappy King is handy for quick snacks such as:
Nachos – Place corn chips in an oven proof dish, top with grated cheese and place in Snappy King for 10 minutes or until brown. Top with salsa, and serve with sour
cream and mashed avocado – simple – and very tasty.
Pizza – Cooks Pizza to perfection – See Recipe section for great pizza ideas.
Snappy King as a BBQ
- Remove the Roasting rack and Double-Up Rack.
- Move the burner from the back position and insert it through the hole further to the front and secure it with the barrel bolt on the left hand side.
- Lower the Hotplate into the Snappy King.
- Heat the Hotplate for a few minutes before food is placed on it, but do not leave on for any longer than 5 to 10 minutes without food, as this may cause the plate to buckle.
- Add oil to the hotplate before cooking if required, and barbecue as you would on any other barbecue.
- The lid should stay open when the Snappy King is used as a barbecue.